Powered by Blogger.

Do not judge a book by it's cover...



Bonjour à toutes et tous,

We are busy sourcing stock for the shop and  I am planning to spend the morning photographing a lot of the new items.

One of the items that I have already photographed, is this antique book.



When I first saw it, I picked it up to put with the others, French Boyfriend advised that it would be best to look inside before doing so....


I opened the cover and it looked the same as the other books but at the same time I was worried as there have been a lot of normal looking books sold for thousands of euros.....hence it pays to be careful when it comes to books.


A few pages later and I realised why it was different to the other books, it is a Livre à secret which was and are still used today in France,  to hide precious items.



You will find it here



à plus tard, Leeann x