Powered by Blogger.

week-end tresors..and baby bird update


Bonjour à tous,

Apologies for the lack of post yesterday, I had great intentions for writing my post but got side tracked with looking after guests together with looking after baby bird. I have decided to call him "Edmund" after Sir Edmund Hillary the famous NZ mountaineer as despite being very young he loves to try and climb where ever he can. The first night I thought it was a good idea to put him in a vintage bird cage but as this was larger and he tiny, it was a dangerous place and he managed to get himself stuck in a variety of places.

End result Edmund is living in a cardboard box on a vintage table napkin and still likes to climb the folds before settling in the middle. 

He appears to be okay but it is early days yet and I still have yet to find an association that can take and look after him better than we can as we are not qualified but are trying to do the best that we can.

A few days ago we have an adult hirondelle dead on the footpath which we now believe was his mother and think that the nest may have been destroyed, end result an orphaned wee baby hirondelle.   

Weekend tresors were a bit on the sparse side and I have not yet had a chance to photograph all the items but will share a couple that I have photographed with you now.

The first treasure of the day was this blog, which despite missing a piece, I adore and have it displayed in our kitchen........



The last tresor was one that we both spotted in the morning but neither of us purchased eraly Sunday morning. later in teh day I mentioned to French Boyfriend that I spotted an item that had taken my fancy but did not purchase it. We decided to return to the brocante and I quickly rushed to the vendors stand, where he was in the process of packing up. Much to my delight, object of desire was still there and I felt that it was sad to leave "him" there.

He is not at all French but as a kiwi I felt drawn to him despite him being on the skinny side as I explained to the vendor he was more French than All Black, who agreed but replied that as a kiwi he was meant for me.

We think that he was carved in Africa but that is as far as it goes. End result he is standing in kitchen and I have no idea what I will do with him....seems to be the theme of my week so far, baby bird plus lonely looking rugby player....


très bonne  journée à tous, Leeann x