Powered by Blogger.

weekend tresors..


Bonjour mes amies,

It has been another of those days where nothing is going according to schedule but in a good way. 

Finally got around to taking some photos of some of the tresors that we found at the weekend.

The first find of the day was this this vintage plant holder which is adorable and I think it would look great with a wee plant in in. I have put some moss in the hole where the plant goes....

 
You will find details here.

Next up was a couple of Napoleon III crucifixes which I have yet to put on the online shop.



As you know I have a thing about marriage globes and this one was too good to pass up, it was very carefully carried home. I was happy to find it as it is complete and blue interiors are rare to find these days. 


Blue is my favourite colour, note it is for sale but is collection only as the glass is too fragile an item to send by the post.

Next up was a set of two Larousse encyclopedias which are dated 1917.

 Love the detail on each page and I never tire of looking at old books, especially French ones.

I especially love the coloured gravures, they are gorgeous and most inspiring.

This particular one is my favourite, the title is "Modern House", if only all modern houses  looked like this....


and the interior of the "modern house" is as fabulous as the exterior....


The next gravure shows a selection of beds or lits as they are called in French....
T


One of the last finds of the weekend were these irons which have been painted and the seller informs me that they make great book-ends.....


I am off to attack my pile of repassage (ironing) and feel that I maybe gone some time!

à très bientot, Leeann x