Powered by Blogger.

latest finds...


Bonjour mes belles,

Today it is a holiday in France as it is the Fête de la Victoire 1945, victory in Europe day which marks the end of hostilities in Europe in World War II.

Today it was one of the biggest brocantes in the area which meant a very early start for us as there was close to 400 stands which were very spread out, hence comfortable shoes were a requirement.

One of my favourite finds of the day is this fabulous antique top hat....



The interior is just as nice as the exterior and comes complete with monogrammed initials of the original owner.....







I am particularly taken with this pair of antique eye glasses, they are the type that you perch on the end of your nose....


This antique French wall plaque is a silver medal for having the best agricultural products in 1861, you will find more details here


A little bit different to the objects of devotion that I normally stumble across is this fabulous florentine style crucifix which is so adorable....

As you know I love antique French clocks and am not fussed if they work or not, so this one was promptly purchased and popped into my shopping basket.....note I have yet to list it on the online shop. 


Followed by this vintage French bar menu holder which is another decorative piece......

together with one of the most beautiful virgin marie statues that I have ever come across, sorry ladies I am keeping this one for me....


I am not sure what I will do with these beauties but I was attracted to them as they came complete with boxes and I thought that may make great Christmas decorations.....

Think that just about does it, I am now off to learn all about the history of top hats...

à demain, Leeann x